Empowered by Pink Foundation
The Doris K Wells Scholarship
With the current state of affairs with the Covid-19 virus, and the closure of schools, please email [email protected] for updated application instructions on how to submit transcripts.
Empowered By Pink, Inc. is proud to announce The Doris K. Wells Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance in the amount of $500.00 to two graduating seniors from the Metro Atlanta Area School System whose life has been affected by a Cancer Diagnosis and who will attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in the Fall of 2020.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of the State Georgia
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. An official sealed transcript at the time of application is required.
- Student must submit proof that they have accepted and will be attending an HBCU Fall of 2020 (candidate will have to submit the acceptance letter before receiving scholarship monies).
- Must submit two sealed letters of recommendation from individuals that are familiar with the academic achievements, work performance and community service of the applicant (family members are excluded).
- Must submit a typed personal essay of 700 words or less on the topic of:
Life Beyond the Diagnosis: How a diagnosis of cancer has affected my life or the life of someone close to me.
To apply, students should submit all requested documentation by July 26, 2020.
Empowered By Pink, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1851
Conyers, GA 30012
Opening Date: January 1, 2020
Closing Date: July 26, 2020
Type- (2) $500 Scholarships
Donor: Empowered by Pink Inc.
**All Time Deadlines are in EST**